Tuesday 11 March 2008

Freemans

Now shopping through the traditional catalogues, previously huge in the 80s and 90s has fallen out of favour, but I still think there are great buys to be had from them with a little bit of elbow grease and looking past the tacky/over priced/OTT goods. With that in mind I've gone through Freemans catalogue (their sister catalogue Oli is currently very in vogue!) and here are my top picks:



These are both in my shopping basket- the charcoal belted shirt dress is a classic shape updated with puff sleeves and the colour is a fantastic alternative to black (I'll be wearing mine now with black tights and boots and gladiator sandals come summer!). These pleated city shorts are fantastic and the choice of mauve and black is just too much to bear (so I've ordered one of each!) These are a fantastic alternative to jeans (as I no longer own any, I'm looking for as many jeans alternatives as possible!), can be dressed up or down, rain or shine and for any occasion. I'm thinking thick tights, patent ballet pumps and pea coats now- flat sandals and tank tops in summer! You could also add a short belted trench in taupe or olive for a safari lead look!



Next up is this fantastic selection of dresses- the organza shift is a fantastic party dress and a twist on the classic shift, the satin jewelled dress is pure glamour and very Katherine Heigl red carpet, the purple cross fronted dress has sexy secretary written all over it and the japan print dress is a gorgeous shape with a fabulous print! The spotted tea dress with skinny belt is just retro gorgeousness and would look divine with mary janes and is a pure classic!
Finally are these wide leg navy trousers- they have a fantastic fit, a great flattering cut, a choice of colours and the navy worn wide legged is pure nautical and so now it hurts! I'll be wearing these instead of jeans with gladiator sandals and a boat neck tee in the summer and with stripey socks, mary janes and a belted cardi now!
These are just a few of the fab pieces on offer now (some are even in the sale even though their from the newly released catalogue!), with free delivery and returns- I'm very impressed!
Up next on my journey of the catalogues is Boden..........

No comments: